Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on January 5 and 6, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss the natural treatment of food allergies with Joel Thuna, classic cookbooks with Naomi Bussin, fad diets with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND and creating your fit future self with Kathleen Trotter.
We specifically discuss:
The Natural Treatment of Food Allergies
- What is an allergic reaction?
- Why is there an increase in food allergies?
- Avoiding introduction of allergens
- Microbial imbalance
- Sun exposure – Vitamin D
- Supplements to help with food allergies
- Increase your biome – probiotics
- Milk Thistle
- Omega 3 Oils
- “Mastering The Art of French Cooking”
- “The Silver Palate Cookbook”
- “The Joy of Cooking”
- “Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking”
- “The Moosewood Cookbooks”
- “Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone”
- “The Breakfast Cookbook”
- “Wholegrain Mornings”
- Deborah Madison, Mark Bittman, Dori Greenspan, Deb Perelman, Melissa Clark
- What to look for in a cookbook
- Keto diet – based on fat
- Paleo diet
- dieting as a short term solution
- Low fat diets …are out
- Intermittent Fasting
- Weight loss as a lifestyle decision – reducing carbohydrates/sugar
SOUL SEGMENT: Fulfillment
Creating Your Fit Future Self
- Create a unique strategy that works for you
- Exercise, diet and mindset mix
- Every opportunity is an opportunity of growth and learning
- The only failure is not trying
- Consistency and convenience
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read Joel’s article on food allergies in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Naomi’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinksi ND go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here.