Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on March 23, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss how interest rates impact the rental market with Mitchell Abrahams, maca for your mojo with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen, the natural treatment of menopause with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND and sleep myths with Dr. James MacFarlane
We specifically discuss:
How Interest Rates Impact the Real Estate Market
- Where are interest rates going?
- The unexpected shocks to the market
- Factors impacting the market
- The difference between the USA and Canada
- Interest rates and investors in development
- Rental buildings becoming a larger portion of the market
- Pension Funds role in financing rental development
Maca For Your Mojo
- What is Maca?
- Health benefits of Maca
- Uses for Maca
- Maca-Cacao Latte
- Overnight Oats
The Natural Treatment of Menopause
- What is Menopause and Peri-menopause?
- Symptoms of Menopause
- Hot Flashes: Dairy consumption vs. soy
- Treating mood changes
- Alcohol: Red Wine
- Sugar and sugar cravings
- Bio-Identical Hormones
- Addressing weight gain
- Bone Density and exercise
Busting Sleep Myths
- Do babies dream?
- Do people only grow or regenerate during sleep?
- Do older people need less sleep?
- Is napping sleep as good as overnight sleep?
- Why do we dream?
- What is the longest we can go without sleep?
For more information about show sponsor The Benvenuto Group go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski ND go here.
To learn more about Dr. James MacFarlane and MedSleep go here.