Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on September 22 2018 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss municipal council and developments Mitchell Abrahams and Chris Spoke, mindful parenting with Tracey Soghrati, cooking with kids with Tonic Cookbook Reviewer Naomi Bussin and the natural treatment of hypothyroidism with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND
Also….the Soul Segment with Lisa Marvin
We specifically discuss:
Municipal Council and Developments
- Court of Appeal Decision to stay proceedings: Reduced city Council for Toronto
- Is a reduced council better for development?
- Places To Grow strategy
- Transit and Toronto
- development and jobs
- What could the new council do better?
- The provincial role in the development approval process
- LPAT: no ‘de novo’ hearings
- The current official city plan in Toronto
- Are there enough mixed use zones in Toronto?
- Affordable housing
- What is mindful parenting?
- Building a foundation of attunement
- Monitor your own stress and distress
- Noticing and regulating feelings during conflict
- Try to insert the ‘sacred pause’
- Learning to listen
- Window of tolerance
- Body Scan
- Stop the Story
THE SOUL SEGMENT: Relationships
Cooking With Kids
- Cooking with kids
- Are kids capable of cooking?
- Engaging children to cook
- How do you help kids cook?
- What should kids learn to cook?
- “In the French Kitchen With Kids”
- Why is it a good idea to get kids to cook?
- “Eat a Little Better…”
The Natural Treatment of Hypothyroidism
- What is the thyroid gland
- Master metabolism gland
- Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Aging and Hypothyroidism
- Testing of TSH or t3 and t4
- Does Hypothyroidism affect men
- How is Hypothyroidism treated?
- desiccated hormones
- natural treatments for hypothyroidism
- dealing with stress
For more information about show sponsor The Benvenuto Group go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipiniski go here.
To learn more about Lisa Marvin go here.