Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 25 and 26, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss Natural Herbs and Immunity with Caitlin Rivett-Carnac, Sleep Positions for Best Rest with Adarsh Shah, Summer Drink Alternatives with Megan Horsley and Taking the Yoga Practice Out of the Studio with Julie Watson
We specifically discuss:
Organic Herbs and Immunity
- Growing herbs for herbal remedies
- Why is understanding the source of the herb important?
- What is involved in growing an organic herb?
- The extraction process
- The formulation of immune products
- A proactive approach to immunity
- What is the process in developing herbal products?
- What do we know about sleep?
- Why do we sleep on a flat surface?
- Is there a proper sleep position?
- What is the purpose of the pillow?
- Should we concerned if we’re sleeping on our front, side or back?
- Does the hardness affect the quality of sleep?
- How do we avoid neck pain while sleeping?
- Memory foam
- How do we avoid back pain?
Summer Drink Alternatives
- Should we rely on alcoholic drinks to hydrate?
- Added refined sugar
- Alcohol is digested faster than food
- Diet soda and alternatives
- Iced Coffee and Tea
- Sugar alcohols
Taking Yoga Outside The Studio
- Yoga is more than movement
- Connection and conversation through technology and social media
- Communication online
- Dismantling the membership model
- Outdoor yoga classes
- What will studios look like when they reopen?
- Online platforms – Zoom classes
For more information about show sponsor St. Francis Herb Farm go here.
To learn more about Adarsh Shah and Ultramatic go here.
To learn more about Megan Horsley go here
To learn more about Julie Watson, go here