Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 17 and 18, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss your immunity and the hygiene hypothesis with Dr. Ludovic Brunel ND, the cuisine of Indonesia with Naomi Bussin, sex myths and mistakes that people make with Carlyle Jansen and cooking with asparagus with Shauna Lindzon
We specifically discuss:
Immunity and the Hygiene Hypothesis
- Immunity is still a relevant health and wellness topic
- Auto-immune rates are increasing
- “The Hygiene Hypothesis”
- Decreasing exposure to bacteria and other microbes
- How do probiotics trigger the auto-immune function?
- How do probiotics get to the intestines?
- Enteric coating
- Can our diet help our immunity?
- Vitamin D
- Zinc and Astragalus for older Canadians
- Supplement recommendations
The Cuisine of Indonesia
- Why talk about Indonesian cuisine?
- What are the flavours and ingredients of Indonesian cuisine?
- Max Restaurant, Amsterdam
- Little Sister, Toronto
- Lion City, Mississauga
- Samara Kitchen, Mississauga
- Coconut and Sambal, Lara Lee
- Tomato Sambal Baked Fish, Coconut Rice, Nasi Goreng, Balinese Roast Chicken
Sex Myths and Mistakes That People Make
- Sex techniques
- Does size matter?
- Everybody else is having better sex than you
Cooking with Asparagus
- Why should we cook with asparagus?
- Prepping and cooking your Spring asparagus
- In puff pastry
- In a frittata,
- With cacio e pepe pasta
- Pureed in soup
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
To learn more about Dr. Ludovic Brunel go here
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Carlyle Jansen’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.