Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on April 10 and 11, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss how to maintain blood glucose levels naturally with Dr. Gordon Chang, avoiding gardening injuries with Dr. Stacy Irvine, micro-changes for your health with Dr. Emily Lipinski ND and the efficacies of organic foods with Heather Lillico
We specifically discuss:
Maintaining Blood Glucose Levels
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- What is Type 2 Diabetes?
- Liver support – preventing oxidative damage
- Milk Thistle
- The ATP process
- How do minerals help the process?
- The role of protein
- How should you source protein?
- How do natural products interact with new weight loss drugs?
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- HIIT and regular exercise
Avoiding Gardening Injuries
- Gardening is on trend!
- The health benefits of gardening
- Gardening is real activity
- Warm up, change positions and avoiding repetitive actions
- Lower back spasms
- Kneeling – knees
- Wrist and elbow injuries
- The proper equipment and clothing
- The communal nature of gardening
- Engaging and stretching for gardening
Micro-changes For Your Health
- What is a micro-change?
- What does a micro-change look like?
- What is a “5 Minute Action”?
- Big changes can be overwhelming
- Does going “cold turkey” work
- How do you implement a micro-change?
- When is the time to implement a micro-change?
- The Ripple Effect, Greg Wells
- Change Your Life in 5 Minutes a Day, Joanne Mallon
- What makes food organic?
- What sort of foods are organic?
- Does organic mean that the food is healthier?
- Are there nutritional differences between organic and convention foods?
- What are the drawbacks of organic foods?
- The “Dirty Dozen” foods
- The “Clean Fifteen” foods
- How do you save money while eating organics?
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Dr. Stacy Irvine go here.
To learn more about Dr. Emily Lipinski go here.
To learn more about Heather Lillico go here.