Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on August 14 and 15, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss sexual health as we age, with Joel Thuna, growing garlic with Melissa Cameron, cooking with tomatoes with Shauna Lindzon and how to stop self-abandonment with Tracey Soghrati
We specifically discuss:
Sexual Health As We Age
- What sexual issues arise as we age?
- What impacts sexual health as we age?
- Communication: with your partner and health practitioner
- Lifestyle: the interconnection of exercise, diet, sleep and mental health
- Supplementation: be wary
- Imperial Ginseng: for men, not women
- Vitamin B12
- Protein: whey protein is best
- Horny Goat Weed
- Saw Palmetto: for prostate health
- Dong Quai: “female ginseng” for vaginal dryness
- Why should we grow our own garlic?
- Where to you find garlic plants to grow?
- Hard neck and soft neck garlic
- Planting garlic in the Fall
- How do you plant garlic? (sunlight, depth, spacing, mulching)
- Garlic and predators
- Can you plant garlic from your grocery store?
- Which parts of the garlic plant do you eat? – cloves scapes and bulbiles
- How do you know when to harvest your garlic?
- Do you need to dry out your garlic?
- The “Music” varietal
Cooking With Tomatoes
- The nutritional value of tomatoes: Lycopene
- The versatility of tomatoes
- How to best eat tomatoes
- Caprese salad
- Tomato sauce
- Roasted tomato soup
- Pane con tomate, bruschetta
How To Stop Self-Abandonment
- What does it mean to abandon yourself?
- How does self-abandonment manifest?
- The root causes of self-abandonment
- What are the consequences of self-abandonment?
- How do you overcome self-abandonment?
For more information about show sponsor Pure-Le Natural go here.
To read articles by Joel Thuna in Tonic Magazine go here.
To learn more about Melissa Cameron go here.
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.