Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on February 23 and 24 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss building the dream apartment for empty nesters with Mitchell Abrahams, prescribing medical cannabis with Dr. Jonas Vanderzwan, mindfulness of the ego with Tracey Soghrati and how to live your best life for the rest of your life with David Bernstein
We specifically discuss:
Building a Dream Apartment for Empty Nesters
- Location, Transit, Walk-ability, Shopping, Entertainment, Parkland, Family
- More Living into Less Space
- Natural Light
- Energy Efficiency and Building Envelopes
- Outdoor Space – balconies vs. common spaces
- Interior Space – bedrooms
- Modern Kitchens
- Event Rooms
Patient Feedback on Medical Cannabis
- What conditions bring people to cannabis?
- Management of chronic pain
- Moving off of opioids
- Cannabis and quality of life
- Cannabis being used to treat other ailments and symptoms
- What do patients do when they think they want medical cannabis?
- Modes of treatment – edibles vs. inhalants
- Determining the best cannabis options for the patient
- “Start low and go slow”
- Proper dosage
Mindfulness of the Ego
- What do we mean by ego?
- in tact ego
- functioning in a role
- the spiritual ego
- a sense of self worth outside of the “I”
- a life purpose that isn’t externally derived
- How to get started – noticing your thoughts
Living Your Best Life
- A sense of peace with yourself
- connectedness, avoiding stress, fulfillment
- respect – identity and dignity
- “One day at a time”
- How to treat our family members?
- Connecting vs. correcting
For more information about show sponsor The Benvenuto Group go here.
To learn more about Dr. Vanderzwan and WeedMD go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.
To learn more about David Bernstein and his business go here.