Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 20, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we chat about the four things you can do to stay strong, agile and fit as you age with Rucsandra Mitrea, training for Summer sports with Kathleen Trotter, mindfulness and self-compassion with Tracey Soghrati and Beyond Meat with Shauna Lindzon
We specifically discuss:
Four Things To Do As We Age:
- What happens when we age?
- What sort of health issues to older people have?
- #1 Committing to and leading to your own health and well being
- #2 Replacing pain inducing mind set with a health promoting mind set
- #3 Being Consistent – Lifestyle
- #4 Seeking Help – Feedback Loops
Training For Summer Sports:
- You can’t go from 0 to 100!
- Progressive adaptation
- Getting the balance right
- Multidimensional movement
- Body rotation
- Training for Tennis, Golf and Cycling
- Rollers, sticks and balls
- Where and when do we train?
Mindfulness and Self-Compassion:
- What is the concept of self-compassion?
- Shaming and self-criticism
- Inertia and Over-Achieving
- What does self-compassion look like?
- Express kindness to yourself
- Why is self-compassion critical?
- What is Beyond Meat?
- Is Beyond Meat healthy?
- Who is Beyond Meat targeted for?
- Shauna’s Veggie burgers?
- Are Beyond Meat burgers okay?
For more information about show sponsor Vital Directives go here.
To learn more about Kathleen Trotter go here
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here