Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on July 17 and 18, 2021 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss men’s health issues as they age with Dr. Gordon Chang, the treatment of stress urinary incontinence with Lauren Barker, the best Summer dry spice rubs with Carolyn Tanner-Cohen and positive vs. negative problem orientations with Tracey Soghrati
We specifically discuss:
Men’s Health Over 50
- Digestion of nutrients
- Hormonal changes
- Necessary diet and supplementation
- Exercise: to help with testosterone
- Supplementing for testosterone
- Adaptogenic herbs
Stress Urinary Incontinence
- What is Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)?
- Why is SUI a taboo subject?
- How common is SUI?
- Managing SUI vs. solving the problem
- Traditional pessaries and non-invasive solutions
- Kegel exercises
- Why does SUI impact women more as they age?
- OFFER !!! $50 off of Uresta (available until July 31, 2021)
The Best Summer Dry Rubs
- Dry rubs vs. marinades
- What is a dry rub?
- What are the best ways to apply a dry rub?
- Should there be sugar in the dry rub?
- Corn starch in dry rubs for a crust for steaks in cast iron
- Porcini mushroom rub
- Ratio of dry rub to meat
- Dry rubs on vegetables
Positive vs. Negative Problem Orientation
- Why does how we approach problems matter?
- If you approach a problem negatively…
- What is a negative problem orientation?
- What is a positive problem orientation?
- Positive problem orientation is a learnable skill
- How does pessimism factor in?
- Asking for help
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Lauren Barker and Uresta go here.
To learn more about Carolyn Tanner-Cohen go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.