Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on November 30 and December 1, 2019 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss why it’s so difficult to discuss medical cannabis meaningfully with Dr. Jonathan Simone, healthy holiday party planning with Stacey Evans, how to eat nutritiously on a budget with Shauna Lindzon and stomach cancer awareness with Teresa Tiano
We specifically discuss:
Discussing Medical Cannabis
- What are the challenges of speaking about medical cannabis?
- The stigma of cannabis
- The previous illegality of cannabis
- Prohibition of clinical studies
- The research of medical cannabis
- Cannabis Use Disorder
- My Cannabis Evidence Portal
- Educating physicians about medical cannabis
- How does cannabis affect the body?
- Where is the research into cannabis going?
Healthy Holiday Party Planning
- Why would you hire a party planner for a smaller event?
- What makes an event memorable?
- What are the mistakes that people make in hosting an event?
- Set your budget first
- What are ways to save money on your event?
- How can you host a healthy and mindful event?
- How do you host an event for those on special diets?
- Party In A Box
Eating Nutritiously On A Budget
- Basic shopping tips
- Make a shopping list
- Avoid processed and prepared foods
- Flip (app) and comparative shopping
- Affinity programs
- Buying in bulk
- Have the proper storage tools: freezer bags and class containers
Stomach Cancer Awareness Day
- Living with the diagnosis of stomach cancer
- The nature of stomach cancer
- My Gut Feeling
- Stomach Cancer Awareness Day
For more information about show sponsor Aphria and Dr. Jonathan Simone go here.
To learn more about Eventspot and Stacey Evans go here.
To lean more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Teresa Tiano and My Gut Feeling go here.